This is a post made by Regretsy on April 1st. A woman (Debra) dared to state her own opinions about how she didn’t agree with the negative comments under the post, how dare she think for herself!! I don’t agree with Debra’s stance but I couldn’t believe how the Regretsy fans were attacking her. And as if that wasn’t enough Winchell led her fans to Debra’s blog where they all began personally attacking Debra’s writing and other unrelated-to-Regretsy things:
Aaaaaaaand a few of the comments that followed:
….they keep going,and going and going…
I mean really, was any of that necessary? And why does Winchell lead her fans to “troll” Debra’s blog and Twitter account? All Debra did was state an opinion in the initial Regretsy post. I think this type of thread is on the verge of harassment.
Regretsy: What’s wrong with everyone?
- A lot of the crap on Etsy just boggles the mind. Do you read the Forums? Too many sellers asking “why don’t I have any sales?” Why? Because I can find better items at a nursing home bazaar. Because you are making things that no one wants. Because a thousand crafters string the same beads on the same wires and call it “homemade”.
- In theory he’s doing something good..making art & recycling..maybe blind people could enjoy this sort of art but me…I kinda think he didn’t even try
- even in theory this sucks.
- Ya know… some stuff was just meant to go to the landfill. It’s a fact.
Posted by “Tom” (a thorn in the *ss for AW as she continuously posts about him on her Regretsy site to encourage her entourage to poke fun/harass “him”).
This book must be for a certain cult following of a website of the same name. The advantage of this book is that it shows the junk some people try to pass off as art on a website called Etsy. I had heard of Etsy but never visited it, and this book has convinced me it is not a place to shop for decent stuff, but might be good for someone looking for the bizarre or outrageous. It’s really hard to understand the point of this book. I guess you have to be a follower of the author’s website. If it’s your thing, then read the book at the library or snag a used copy cheap. There are already a lot of used copies for sale right here on Amazon. Unless you are an “insider”, you probably won’t understand this book. It’s certainly not geared for general readership and is more of propaganda as to why the public might not want to shop at Etsy. If you give this book a poor review, the author will post it on her Facebook site and cyberbully you. She has done this with more than one bad review. Her FB followers will then join in the bullying, as if no one else is entitled to have an opinion. It was even suggested that one person who gave a bad review commit suicide. Apparently, the author can dish out criticism, but can’t take it. Random House should feel ashamed for this behavior and it certainly leaves others apprehensive to post reviews. Maybe RH is encouraging this so the rating is higher and sales are better? Who knows, but it is highly unprofessional and immature, IMO. Certainly not behavior you would expect from an author.
Comments from Regretsy (Facebook) fans after Winchell posts this on her page:
- Well the guy is obviously an idiot with no sense of humor
- [Winchell] linked to some idiot’s review on a website where literally anyone can say anything. This person gave a review that didn’t make much sense and was pretty obviously planted by a disgruntled Etsy seller who lied about whether or not he’d ever heard of Regretsy or Etsy before. If you had been paying attention, you’d have seen the part where he came on to this thread and basically proved that to us all, (unless after writing his bad review he went searching for the fan page related to the book he didn’t like about the thing he didn’t understand and became a fan).
- What’s frightening to me is this person claims to be a professor of fine arts. Each day my heart cries a little more for the children.
- Tom is a retard. So sad.
- Regretsy Randy, everything is edited for the sake of humor. I edit down the seller’s listings as well. But as with this review, everything is linked so you can read it before forming an opinion. I’m not trying to give you your viewpoint, I’m trying to interest you enough to look at the source!
Fidel: Oh yes, Helen, I’m sure you had no ill intentions by posting this.
Regretsy fan comment #1:
She’s clearly an idiot who doesn’t know how to read.
This just reminded me that I hate people so fucking much sometimes.
Sounds like @danielle172 needs a tampon and some Midol. I just got a case of each from Costco. I could help her out.
what a b*tch…god, some people are such idiots..you’re the best and you bring a ton of laughter into people’s life…Danielle needs to get a freaking life
“I’m a clueless moron who can’t understand obviously-stated, well-intentioned posts. Apologize to me for my inability to use contextual analysis! I demand satisfaction!”
I find it positively tragic that someone with so much pull and posterity will no longer contribute her tweetering towards Regretsy’s betterment. I’ll bet her whole Mary Kay clutch will no longer visit the site, either, which is a fucking shame.
As Judge Judy says, “No good deed goes unpunished.” Perhaps danielle172 will have plenty of time to reflect on putting her action ahead of her menopausal mind as the interwebs fall down in her in all their righteous zeal.
What a twat.
One of the many comments from a Regretsy fan about this woman:
It’s the ethereal smile beaming from her puffy, mullet-framed cheeks that really present the full force of the universe to me. Her presence and obvious station in life tell me that she’s a powerful spirit with possession of otherworldly talents. Like the talent to eat two servings of super nachos at the Piggly Wiggly, wash it down with a Mountain Dew, and then get paid $40 to burp her way through a bullshit session with a stranger while resting her distended ankles on the LA-Z-Boy. Oh wait: zero sales. Never mind.
I’d like to offer her a new hair do on Etsy.
And the following picture is of the face of the person who mocks others; justified? You can answer that for yourself…although it’s hard to see past all that makeup, I guess someone thought she needed it.
I chose this picture because I was wondering what that woman was thinking when she decided to use THOSE hands when modeling this Regretsy item. She might want to rethink that one.